Her is a sign for outside of my classroom:
- Wood from Joann's ($2)
- Silver marker on hand ($4)
- Navy spray paint on hand ($1.50)
- Cute anchor ($0.70)
1. Sprayed wood navy blue, dried over night.
2. Typed "Mrs. Brady Kindergarten" in Microsoft Word I made sure I put the font on "outline" [select font, right click, FONT, then click on "outline"].
3. Traced words onto spray painted wood.
4. Painted letters in with a paint pen.
5. Painted anchor white, then added silver polka dots around anchor
6. Glue anchor onto sign.
7. Sprayed with clear to "set" and "save" my sign for years to come!
This is a place mat that I used the same technique on:
1. I bought this place mat at Joann's on clearance this week ($1-2).
2. I printed out "Welcome to the Brady's" using Microsoft Word. I made sure I put the font on "outline" [select font, right click, FONT, then click on "outline"].
3. Pushed VERY hard while tracing the words onto the foam place mat.